I’ve had many dreams – and been fortunate enough to accomplish them. Being in the presence of one of the world’s largest mountains was one of them.
It took 4.5 days to reach the summit of Africa’s tallest mountain, Kilimanjaro, standing at a height of 5985 meters. It took 1.5 days to hike back down. During those six days I tested my physical strength and willpower more than I had ever done before. I also made great friends and discovered the beauty of inner womanhood.
Following are my journal entries from what proved to be a life-altering experience:
- 3 days to Kilimanjaro
- 2 days to Kilimanjaro
- Nadia’s ten pre-Kilimanjaro concerns
- 1 day to Kilimanjaro
- Today I fly to Kilimanjaro
- Aug 9: Arrival in Arusha
- Kilimanjaro: Up to Mandara Huts, Day 1
- Kilimanjaro: At Mandara Huts (end of day 1)
- Kilimanjaro: 2nd day of hike up to Horombo
- Kilimanjaro: Day 3 at Horombo
- Kilimanjaro: Day 4, Aug 14, 6:30 am
- Kilimanjaro: Day 4 – Hiking up to Kibo
- Kilimanjaro: To the summit we go!
- Kilimanjaro: Day 5 – Down to Horombo
- Kilimanjaro: Day 6 – To the base of the mountain
- Kilimanjaro interviews
- Egyptian team summits Kilimanjaro
- I am not the 1st anyone to summit Kilimanjaro!
Inspiring journey, thank you for sharing!