It took 4.5 days to reach the summit of Africa’s tallest mountain, Kilimanjaro, standing at a height of 5985 meters. It took 1.5 days to hike back down. During those six days I tested my physical strength and willpower more than I had ever done before. I also made great friends and discovered the beauty of inner womanhood.
Following are my journal entries from what proved to be a life-altering experience:
- 3 days to Kilimanjaro
- 2 days to Kilimanjaro
- Nadia’s ten pre-Kilimanjaro concerns
- 1 day to Kilimanjaro
- Today I fly to Kilimanjaro
- Aug 9: Arrival in Arusha
- Kilimanjaro: Up to Mandara Huts, Day 1
- Kilimanjaro: At Mandara Huts (end of day 1)
- Kilimanjaro: 2nd day of hike up to Horombo
- Kilimanjaro: Day 3 at Horombo
- Kilimanjaro: Day 4, Aug 14, 6:30 am
- Kilimanjaro: Day 4 – Hiking up to Kibo
- Kilimanjaro: To the summit we go!
- Kilimanjaro: Day 5 – Down to Horombo
- Kilimanjaro: Day 6 – To the base of the mountain
- Kilimanjaro interviews
- Egyptian team summits Kilimanjaro
- I am not the 1st anyone to summit Kilimanjaro!